Mobile COVID-19 Testing in Prescot
Residents in Prescot will be able to access PCR testing due to increasing numbers of cases in the area.
- Prescot Soccer Centre on Warrington Road, Prescot. The Mobile Testing Unit will be open from 10am until 3pm on Wednesday 16 June, Thursday 17 June and Friday 18th June
The Mobile Testing Unit will offer COVID-19 testing to residents who are:
- Showing symptoms of COVID-19. Symptoms include a high temperature, new or persistent cough or a loss of taste or smell
- Generally feeling unwell such as experiencing headaches, a sore throat or runny nose
- Have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- Has been in close contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
Please note: the site is operating as a walk-in testing site, with limited parking available at each site. Please where possible walk to the testing unit and book an appointment
Booking an appointment
Appointments are required and they can be booked through www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or by ringing 119. Other PCR testing sites are also available in the Borough (Huyton, Kirkby and Stockbridge Village) and appointments at those sites can be booked through the same link.
Test results are normally returned in around 24 hours.
The Mobile Testing Unit will be located at St Andrew’s Church / The Star Children’s Centre on Shevington Lane between 10am and 3pm on Wednesday 16 June and Friday 18 June, and at Prescot Soccer Centre on Wednesday 16 June, Thursday 17 June and Friday 18 June.
Residents are asked to remember to wear a mask when attending the Mobile Testing Unit and to ensure they keep a safe distance from those not in their household.
In addition, residents should return home and stay at home until their test result is confirmed.
With restrictions being eased, opportunities for more social interactions and variants of concern in circulation, it’s important that anyone with symptoms or who has had a positive test with a lateral flow / home testing kit, are tested. Importantly, if the PCR test is positive, they can self-isolate and stop passing on the virus to others.